Before I start with the review I want to thank Elizabeth for sending me a copy of this book so I can read it and review it for all of you.
4.5 / 5 stars!! I loved this book so much!
Everything begins with us is a new adult romance book with a refreshing, smart and interesting point of view about relationships in general, life choices and friendship.
We follow the story of Harper Deacon, a young girl in the search of her own self; who she really is, and what does she want to do with her life, now that high school is over.
Constantly overprotected by her mother and with a rough history in the early years of her life, Harper is gonna have to make a decision: does she want to live up to her mother expectations and persuit a college degree? or is she going to take the reins of her own life and follow the music career she always wanted?
In her journey of self discover, she is going to have to fight for her dreams, found her own voice and learn to speak her mind in order to achieve the goals she always wanted, and ultimately her own happiness.
OMG! I loved this story so much for a lot of different reasons:
- Coming of age and founding your own voice is such a difficult journey, but is an extremely important part of life, and in this book the author managed to captured perfectly that is never easy, but it is neccesary in order to be in peace with ourself and construct a solid start in adulthood. It reminds me that one of the most important things in life is to feel glad and happy in every step of the way; and when you make hard decisions, but accurate ones, nothing can go completly wrong. It can be hard but is surely worth it.
- I also loved the fact that we get to read a romance story founded in mutual respect, patience and friendship. (Wich is not always usual in YA or new adult books). The power of the relationship Harper and Smith have is amazing. I ship them sooo much!
- And the fact that talks about mental health from such a good place. It´s really important that we get more of this types of representations.
- Harper´s friends are the best ever! There is something lovely about the level of knowleadge each and every one have with the others, and how they support each other; but most importantly how they grow from their mistakes and also from their union.
- One million extra points for all the music references! I loved that aspect of this book so much!
- I believe it’s an amazing heart warming story and definitely worth reading it!
Thank you so much for reading and I see you soon with more reviews!